Candidate resources & FAQs
We’re excited that you’re interested in working with us and want to make it as easy as possible for you to apply for a job with DICK’S Sporting Goods. That’s why we created this page with good advice, helpful hints, and answers to the questions we are asked most often.
An important notice: DICK’S Sporting Goods does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting companies and all email communications from DICK’S will originate from the @dcsg.com domain, from our recruitment system email@example.com or from trusted sites like Indeed, LinkedIn, Glassdoor. For your protection, please verify the identity of solicitations for employment to ensure their validity. If you have any questions regarding any communication or job outreach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE HIRE
All of our opportunities are posted on this site. Search open jobs and submit an online application to a role that excites you about and matches your background and skills. You resume and application will be our first opportunity to meet you, so be sure that your information is concise, specific, up to date and aligned to the opportunity for which you are applying.
For some of our opportunities, you might be asked to take an online assessment which could take up to 45 minutes. After you apply, your profile will be reviewed by our team and we’ll be in touch should we want to get to know you better. Don’t see your ideal job posted? Join our Talent Community to be the first to know about newly posted opportunities.
HOW WE HIRE
After our team has reviewed your profile and we think there is a potential match, it’s time to interview. The interview process may include phone interviews, video/virtual interviews, and/or onsite interviews. Before your interview, prepare for a dynamic conversation. We’ll be looking to learn about you and your experience, why you’re interested in DICK’S Sporting Goods, and how you could make an impact on our team. Don’t forget to prepare some questions for us too. We’re excited to meet you.
HOW WE HIRE
If we decide to make you an offer to join our team, you’ll receive your employment offer via email. Your offer, based on what role you’re being considered for, could come with some pre-employment contingencies. These requirements will be shared at the time of your job offer. Once everything has been completed and you’ve said “yes” to #DSGLife, we’ll agree on your start date and send you all the details for your first day. Welcome to DICK’S Sporting Goods. Now let’s get to work creating the world’s best sports team!
Tips from the team
- Tailor your resume to include relevant experience, starting with the most recent.
- Review the job description on our career site and be ready to discuss why you’re the best candidate for the role.
- Research our company. Be ready to answer the question: “Why are you interested in DICK’S Sporting Goods?” Learn more about us here.
- Practice! Put your game face on and prepare for common interview questions, such as: “Tell me about yourself.”
- Familiarize yourself with behavioral-based interviewing. Be ready with specific examples reflecting the key requirements for the role.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your interview. Bring a notepad, pen, and copy of your resume.
- Engage with DICK’S Sporting Goods on our social media channels. Use the links at the bottom of this page to get a look behind the scenes at DICK’S.
ANSWERS TO YOUR FAQS
How can I apply for a position at DICK’S Sporting Goods?
Do you offer remote opportunities?
How often are the job listings updated?
How will I know if my application has been received?
How can I find a DICK’S Sporting Goods, Golf Galaxy or Field & Stream store close to me that is hiring?
When will I receive a response to my application?
Will you let me know if you are not moving forward with my application?
I heard about an open position that interests me. Can I apply online before it is posted?
Who do I contact if I need assistance with the application process?