We are looking for a talented Group Product Manager to lead the In-Store Inventory and Fulfillment Experience Product Group. You will lead a group of product managers and lead the definition our end-to-end product strategy to create great experiences for athletes and teammates. You will become part of a balanced group leadership team that focuses on improving the In-Store Experience through effective use of product thinking frameworks and building technology to reach business and product goals.
You will lead a team of awesome product managers and be accountable to drive the product strategy for athletes and teammates at DICK’s Sporting Goods. You will lead product strategy to identify the top problems, ideate with your team on creative ways to drive business value, and work with your design and engineering peers to discover ways to improve experience in creative and new ways. The Group Product Manager is responsible for leading and managing a team of Product Managers within a specific product focus for Dick’s Sporting Goods. This role focuses on delivering customer value, driving sales, and business outcomes through continuous improvement and delivery of quality products. Managing an enterprise product portfolio requires you to work cross-functionally, communicate up and down the organization, and work closely with your developers, designers, and partners.
***This is a fully remote opportunity
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
• Product Strategy & Roadmap – You own the vision, strategy and roadmap for your Product Group. Must be able to distill the “fire hose” of insights, data, and requests into an actionable vision inclusive of customer and business partners needs to build both incremental and innovative experiences for your customers, ensuring that value is delivered early, often, and in-sync with customer goals.
• Customer Value & Business Outcomes – Ensures a business outcome is achieved and customers receive a product that provides value, whether it’s an MVP or mature product with a new feature. Goes above and beyond defining and delivering. Requires a solid understanding of the inter-relations of our business – financial, marketing, sales, legal, partnerships, customer service, stores, technical capabilities, user experience.
• Know Your Business – Accountable for results. Whether that is maximizing metrics, managing expectations, addressing customer feedback, or prioritizing the backlog. Knowing your numbers, competitors, who is doing what, the next big thing, suggesting innovative ideas to POC and constantly striving to increase revenue and conversion are primary responsibilities for your role. You will provide regular reporting to executive management along with strategies to constantly improve the numbers, hit revenue goals, and maximize return on investment.
• Product Decisions – you will be called upon to make tough decisions, whether it is a go/no-go decision, balancing risks versus reward, pros/cons, dependencies, cost/benefit analysis, or ROI of resource investment. You must stand behind your decision with facts and data. Must be able to recognize when to change course and reverse a decision, subscribing to the philosophy of learning fast, and moving on.
Delivery & Execution
• Features – creates accurate user stories and prioritizes the backlog; working with the team to groom, refine, and ultimately deliver the feature.
• Ceremonies – Participates in standups, planning sessions, demos, and retrospectives. Fosters team collaboration, co-creation, and open communication.
• Testing and Research – Formulates hypothesis to A/B test, prototype, or research, continually refining the product until desired outcome is achieved. Ensures successful tests are translated into new site features.
• Vendors – Accountable for key vendor partners, regularly holding business reviews, monitoring SLAs, managing RFPs, negotiating contracts and managing budgets for those services. 10%
• Change Influencer – Acts as an agent of change within your team, organization, and leading to embrace new methodologies, processes, efficiencies and challenging the status quo. Constantly pushing and asking why even if it’s to Senior Executives. You must be a strong communicator and partner, capable of influencing a team of designers, developers, stakeholders, and executives to achieve value early and often.
• Leader – Lead product managers control the destiny of Products for the organization. You must evangelize your team’s services and roadmap; distill complex technical concepts into plain language for stakeholders, and advocate for the customer. Ensuring alignment across your group and the Product organization.
• Partnering – Partners with business and technology stakeholders to define and ensure successful delivery of our consumer and associate facing Commerce experiences. Manages stakeholder expectations and provides education to requestors on prioritization, ROI, and roadmap.
• Staff Management – Leads a team of 3 – 5 Product Managers
Our teammates know that there is an athlete behind every in-store and eCommerce transaction. We go beyond the expected to build technology that makes the DICK’S Sporting Goods’ experience innovative and hassle-free.
COMMITTED TO INCLUSION & DIVERSITY.
We actively seek to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. Doing so strengthens our ability to serve all our athletes and drive innovation and growth.
HAVE A PASSION FOR SPORTS.
We believe that sports make people better and we’re determined to be the best sports company in the world. Whether you’re an athlete or sports enthusiast, we bring our passion for the game into everything we do.
GET BETTER EVERY DAY.
The journey is never over. We know that to be the best, we must get a little better each day. We focus on delivering 1% more in everything we do.
What we’re looking for
10 – 15 Years of overall experience
10 – 12 years of ecommerce or relevant experience, preferably in product management or digital strategy with retail, mobile or enterprise commerce platforms