We are looking for a talented Associate Product Manager to join the Fulfillment Innovation Product Team and execute the product strategy for both Buy Online Pickup In-Store & Curbside Pickup experiences for DICK’S Sporting Goods, Golf Galaxy and Public Lands.
As an Associate Product Manager, you will be part of a balanced product team of UX designers & engineers, focusing on improving the omnichannel experience through the use of technology, to ultimately achieve business results. You will be empowered to build a roadmap for teammate and athlete facing products, working closely with key operational stakeholders to ensure our in-store and curbside experiences delight our athletes and teammates. In addition, you will be responsible for driving lean product methodologies, running experiments, determining the MVP, writing user stories and continually iterating on the product through continuous discovery.
At DICK’S Sporting Goods, we obsess over the athlete and teammate and are looking for a passionate product manager who is excited to immerse themselves in the BOPIS/curbside experience and build empathy with our users to deliver a best-in-class experience.
This role focuses on delivering customer value, driving sales, and business outcomes through continuous improvement and delivery of quality products. Managing your products will require you to work cross-functionally, communicate up and down the organization, and work closely with your developers, designers, and partners.
You are responsible for defining and establishing a product vision, strategy, roadmap for your product within a modern development environment. You are the “voice of the product” empathizing with customers, stakeholders, and reviewing data to ensure customer and stakeholder needs are incorporated into and prioritized within the roadmap, directed by data and results. Requires a driven, strategic and tactical mindset, highly motivated and accountable to deliver outstanding product experiences that achieve enterprise KPIs, including revenue, conversion and customer satisfaction.
Interacts with all functional areas of the company including UX/UI Design, Engineering, Executive Management, and Business stakeholders (Site Merchandising, Content, Marketing, Store Operations, Fulfillment, Customer Service) This is a unique role that brings cohesion and coordination to enterprise initiatives by blending strategy and tactics to achieve business results. You must work strategically, driving ideas for growth and new opportunities, while tactically solving customer and business problems that exist in existing products.
This is a fully remote opportunity.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning
• Product Strategy & Roadmap – You own the vision, strategy and roadmap for your Product. Must be able to distill the “fire hose” of insights, data, and requests into an actionable roadmap inclusive of customer and business partners needs to build both incremental and innovative experiences for your customers. Ensures that value is delivered early, often, and in-sync with customer goals.
• Customer Value & Business Outcomes – Ensures a business outcome is achieved and customers receive a product that provides value, whether it’s an MVP or mature product with a new feature. Goes above and beyond defining and delivering. Requires a solid understanding of the inter-relations of our business – financial, marketing, sales, legal, partnerships, customer service, stores, technical capabilities, user experience.
• Know Your Business – Accountable for results. Whether that is maximizing metrics, managing expectations, addressing customer feedback, or prioritizing the backlog. Knowing your numbers, competitors, who is doing what, the next big thing, suggesting innovative ideas to POC and constantly striving to increase revenue and conversion are primary responsibilities for your role. You will provide regular reporting along with strategies to constantly improve the numbers, hit revenue goals, and maximize return on investment.
• Product Decisions – you will be called upon to make tough decisions, whether it is a go/no-go decision, balancing risks versus reward, pros/cons, dependencies, cost/benefit analysis, and understand the impact of your decisions. You must stand behind your decision with facts and data. Must be able to recognize when to change course and reverse a decision, subscribing to the philosophy of learning fast, and moving on.
Delivery & Execution
• Features – creates accurate user stories and prioritizes the backlog; working with the team to groom, refine, and ultimately deliver the feature.
• Ceremonies – Participates in standups, planning sessions, demos, and retrospectives. Fosters team collaboration, co-creation, and open communication.
• Testing and Research – Formulates hypothesis to A/B test, prototype, or research, continually refining the product until desired outcome is achieved. Ensures successful tests are translated into new site features.
• Change Influencer – Acts as an agent of change within your team, organization, and leading to embrace new methodologies, processes, efficiencies and challenging the status quo. Constantly pushing and asking why even if it’s to Senior Executives. You must be a strong communicator and partner, capable of influencing a team of designers, developers, stakeholders, and executives to achieve value early and often.
• Leader – You must evangelize your roadmap; distill complex technical concepts into plain language for stakeholders, and advocate for the customer. Ensuring alignment across your group and the Product organization.
• Partnering – Partners with business and technology stakeholders to define and ensure successful delivery of our consumer and associate facing Commerce experiences. Manages stakeholder expectations and provides education to requestors on prioritization, ROI, and roadmap.
Our teammates know that there is an athlete behind every in-store and eCommerce transaction. We go beyond the expected to build technology that makes the DICK’S Sporting Goods’ experience innovative and hassle-free.
COMMITTED TO INCLUSION & DIVERSITY.
We actively seek to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. Doing so strengthens our ability to serve all our athletes and drive innovation and growth.
HAVE A PASSION FOR SPORTS.
We believe that sports make people better and we’re determined to be the best sports company in the world. Whether you’re an athlete or sports enthusiast, we bring our passion for the game into everything we do.
GET BETTER EVERY DAY.
The journey is never over. We know that to be the best, we must get a little better each day. We focus on delivering 1% more in everything we do.
What we’re looking for
1 – 3 Years of experience.
0-2 years with relevant education linked to PM. 5+ years without relevant education.
Ecommerce or relevant experience, prefer product management or digital strategy with retail, mobile or enterprise commerce platforms.