What You’ll Do In This Role
Are you an innovative architect with an eye for creative data and analytics solutions? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to shape the future of data and analytics for a leading global sports retailer? DICK'S Sporting Goods is seeking an experienced architecture leader to lead the design of future state strategies and architecture for our cloud-based data platforms and data solutions across the enterprise.
As the Domain Architect – Data & Analytics, you will be a key driver of our digital transformation, leveraging your expertise to develop meaningful insights that will drive innovation and success. You will take the lead in designing solutions that meet the needs of our customers and stakeholders. You will leverage your knowledge of data platforms, cloud technologies, and analytics tools to develop a comprehensive blueprint for our data and analytics solutions. You will collaborate closely with key stakeholders to ensure our architecture is aligned with our business strategy and objectives. Additionally, you will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating new technologies and trends related to data and analytics. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a lasting impact on the future of Dicks Sporting Goods. If you are passionate about data and analytics and want to join a team of inspiring professionals, we want to hear from you!
- Lead the development of data and analytics architecture principals, models, and roadmaps that align with the overall enterprise architecture strategy
- Develop solutions designs to meet the business objectives by leveraging data as a strategic asset
- Lead the design and delivery of data and analytics solutions across multiple technology domains
- Develop strategies for integrating data from multiple sources to create a unified view of enterprise data
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure that architecture designs meet their requirements
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings to identify requirements for data and analytics solutions
- Monitor trends in technology, industry standards, and emerging technologies to ensure that the designs incorporate best practices
- Lead a team of solution architects and ensure that all deliverables meet the highest level of quality
- Identify opportunities to improve the architecture and data governance practices
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide expert advice on data, analytics, and technology architecture topics
- Support the VP of Foundational Technology in developing long-term strategies and plans
WE INSPIRE TOP PERFORMANCE.
- Competitive Pay
- Professional Training Programs
- Performance-Based Pay Increases
- Teammate only discounts
- DailyPay – Payday your way
- And more. See a full list of benefits.
PUT OUR ATHLETES FIRST.
Our teammates know that there is an athlete behind every in-store and eCommerce transaction. We go beyond the expected to build technology that makes the DICK’S Sporting Goods’ experience innovative and hassle-free.
COMMITTED TO INCLUSION & DIVERSITY.
We actively seek to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. Doing so strengthens our ability to serve all our athletes and drive innovation and growth.
HAVE A PASSION FOR SPORTS.
We believe that sports make people better and we’re determined to be the best sports company in the world. Whether you’re an athlete or sports enthusiast, we bring our passion for the game into everything we do.
GET BETTER EVERY DAY.
The journey is never over. We know that to be the best, we must get a little better each day. We focus on delivering 1% more in everything we do.
WHERE WE ARE
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Conklin, New York
- Goodyear, Arizona
- Plainfield, Indiana
- Smithton, Pennsylvania
COMPETITIVE PAY & MORE.We support our teammates with benefits that are as competitive as they are. Here are a few examples:
- Performance Incentives
- Medical, Dental & 401K
- Professional Training
- Potential for Career Growth
- Multiple Shifts & Schedules
- Up to 25% Employee Discount
- Teammate, Family & Community Events
- Onsite Workout Rooms
- DailyPay – Pay day your way
PASSIONATE ABOUT RESULTSJust like any championship-caliber team, we‘re trained to be incredibly effective. We know what’s important to get the job done, and strive to improve Distribution Center performance every day. Our team is encouraged to speak up, share process ideas and innovations, and help contribute to the success of DICK’S Sporting Goods.
COMMITTED TO INCLUSION & DIVERSITY.We actively seek to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. Doing so strengthens our ability to serve all our athletes and drive innovation and growth.
THE POWER OF SPORTS.We care a lot about our teammates, our athletes and the communities where we live and work together. That’s why you’ll find us supporting local teams and youth sports. We believe in the power of sports to change lives and find real purpose in our work.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in software/data engineering and architecture
- 5+ years of experience in leading data and analytics architecture initiatives
- Experience in developing enterprise architectures, models, roadmaps, and designs
- Knowledge of data governance and related technologies (MDM, EDM, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledgeable in the latest technologies and trends in the data & analytics space
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams across multiple departments
- Ability to provide technical guidance and mentor junior engineers
- Experience in leading and managing a team of solution architects
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing data architecture strategies
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of enterprise architecture
- Knowledgeable in cloud-native architectures and technologies
- Experience with Azure and GCP cloud environments. Particularly in analytics platforms and cloud orchestration.
- Practical experience with Snowflake and Databricks Spark at scale to deliver advanced data & analytics solutions.
- Experience working with and designing solutions to support data science workflow and delivery.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Retail & E-commerce, Marketing Technologies, Personalization, Data Mesh, Realtime Decision Engines, Streaming Data Architecture
The target salary range for this position is between $114,300 and $190,500. This is part of a competitive total rewards package that could include other components such as: incentive, equity and benefits. Individual pay is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay regularly to ensure competitive and equitable pay.
Jobs You May Like
Jobs You May Like
Revolutionizing Golf One Swing At A Time
Take a look at how we’re helping golfers reach an even better golfer within.
People swing arms.
They pretend to swing golf clubs.
They hit on a driving range.
A man putts into a glass cup. Text, Golf Galaxy.
SPEAKER: We are a special breed driven by something altogether different, the belief that one day every last second of work will have been worth it. Because we all know one thing, inside every golfer, is a better one.
SEE WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK IN OUR DISTRIBUTION CENTERS
[MUSIC PLAYING] JAMAL: Our job is, we’re going to be gathering the freight and sending it to our stores.
KYLEN: We got all these boxes coming in from multiple areas.
TYSON: Heavy boxes, light boxes.
JASON: Some of the boxes that we deal with, I mean, they’re not light.
BLAIR: We’ll take cartons off the conveyor belt, and then we’ll put them on the skids, make sure they’re stacked to a T.
JAMAL: We just take those boxes and stack them up to the best of our ability and get ’em on out.
JASON: I kind of have a brain for like, Tetris, and I like doing that with the boxes in the trailers.
DESIREE: You start to pull boxes off the lane and you scan them and start putting the amount that needs to go to that certain store. And once you have a full box, you push it off and it goes off to shipping.
JITENDER: This process keeps repeating all day.
DESIREE: Your day will go by fast when you’re busy.
JITENDER: We work as a team, so that we can provide the best service to the customers and to the stores.
DAVID: My role here at Dick’s is basically to pull the heavy stuff off, like treadmills, ellipticals, weight sets, stuff like that.
PABLO: I’ll go into the storage racks that we have, and using different equipment, such as a reach truck or an order picker, I will pick them to be sent to each individual store.
DAVID: It’s actually pretty fun, because you’re never really dealing with the same product every day.
JIMMY: To drive equipment, you gotta be certified by one of our trainers.
PABLO: Here at the DC we actually provide training. You would learn how to drive the equipment.
JOE: They have great benefits, the insurance is great. Vacation time. The pay is actually a lot better than most places start out.
DESIREE: There are a lot of opportunities for overtime, so if you ever need the extra cash.
TYSON: They treat you really well here, to be honest.
AARON: It says they care about their teammates and they care about the morale here.
[UPBEAT MUSIC] JAMAL: So the thing I like most about the material handler role, specifically, is I get paid to work out. It’s awesome.
TYSON: There’s a lot of hard work that goes into the job– the heavy boxes, light boxes.
JAMAL: This is not an easy job. You will work. You will sweat.
KYLEN: We get all these boxes coming in from multiple areas. We just take those boxes and stack them up to the best of our ability and get them on out.
JASON: I kind of have a brain for Tetris. And I like doing that with the boxes and the trailers.
BLAIR: You need to be on your feet for a long period of time. I do 10-hour shifts, and that’s a long time to be on your feet.
COLE: The thing I like best about the job is that it’s a fast-paced environment, and that helps with getting through 10-hour shifts, and it doesn’t really feel like 10 hours whenever you’ve always got something to do.
TYSON: I do like working the 4/10s. The 4/10s are pretty nice when you do get the Friday off.
JAMAL: I will never turn down a three-day weekend. It makes your day great.
KYLEN: I work weekend shift. And it is 12 hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So while you do miss out on some weekend stuff, you do get four days off. And it’s a pretty good trade-off.
BLAIR: So I work second shift, which is 4:45 to 3:30 in the morning. So I have to get my body used to that 10-hour shift at night. So now I’m a little night owl. [LAUGHING]
COLE: The overtime opportunities are amazing here, so if you need extra money, you can always come and get it.
TYSON: You do get a day off. They make you take a day off. You don’t work seven days a week.
AARON: It says they care about their teammates. And they care about the morale here.
TYSON: There’s always opportunities to try different departments out of this warehouse if you want to try something out.
BLAIR: They’ll ask us if we want to learn something new.
JAMAL: It’s not a situation where you feel like you’re kind of stuck where you are.
TYSON: They treat you real well here, to be honest.
JASON: I really like working here a lot. It’s unlike any other warehouse experience I’ve been to.
[MUSIC PLAYING] SPEAKER 1: The stores, the athletes can go in and buy the product that they need. But in order for them to do that, the DC has to make sure they get that product out to the stores. So that’s why it is very important for us to put the right product in the boxes.
SPEAKER 2: To be the best processor, you have to focus so that the right product and item shipped goes to the right store and customers.
SPEAKER 1: You start to pull boxes off the lane. And you scan them. And start putting the amount that needs to go to that certain store. And once you have a full box, you push it off. And it goes off to shipping.
SPEAKER 2: This process keeps repeating all day.
SPEAKER 1: Your day will go by fast when you’re busy.
SPEAKER 2: All the employees are very friendly and we work as a team so that we can provide a best service to the customers and to the stores.
SPEAKER 1: I work 10 hours during the day, Monday through Thursday. So I enjoy my three day weekends that I get. It’s really nice. Better than too.
SPEAKER 2: I am an accounting student. So I like a weekend shift days. Because in a week, I get that time to finish my assignment, take my classes.
SPEAKER 1: There are a lot of opportunities for overtime. So if you ever need the extra cash.
SPEAKER 2: I got a lot of overtime here. So I don’t have to look after a secondary job. It’s just an easygoing place to work at.
[MUSIC FADING OUT]
SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
[MUSIC PLAYING] JOE: Our goal here is to make sure the customers are happy. So we have to make sure the product that we send out is in the best shape that we can get it through the building.
DAVID: My role here at DICK’S is basically, to pull the heavy stuff off like treadmills, ellipticals, weight sets, stuff like that.
PABLO: I’ll go into the storage racks that we have and using different equipment such as a reach truck or an order picker, I will pick them to be sent to each individual store.
DAVID: It’s actually pretty fun because you’re never really dealing with the same product every day.
JIMMY: To drive equipment you’ve got to be certified by one of our trainers.
PABLO: Here at the DC we actually provide training. You would learn how to drive the equipment, such as anything ranging from a reach truck, order picker, clamp truck or any pallet rider of any size.
JOE: I work four days a week, Monday through Thursday, 10 hours a day. Gives me my 40 hours. Gives me Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off, which gives me more time with my family on a three day weekend versus a two day weekend.
PABLO: I work the weekend shift, which allows me to be a full time student Monday through Thursday and not lose out on the benefits that a full time job provides.
DAVID: Once you get into the flow of your job you are going to have a blast here.
PABLO: I definitely think you should come in with an open mind and be ready to work.
Get Into The Swing Of Things At Golf Galaxy.
Join our talent community and discover careers that allow you to share your love for golf like never before.
A WINNING TEAM CULTURE
Discover what it means to grow within an environment that empowers your success.